Turkey Bean Burgers
These burgers are flavorful and surely healthier than if they were made with meat alone. Serve them on whole grain or sprouted wheat burger buns alongside a fresh salad and some home-made fries for a well rounded meal. If making this dish ditch the burger and serve it atop a salad.
Preparation time: 15m
Cooking time: 15m
Total time: 35m
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1 cup kale (tough stems removed and finely chopped)
- 1 cup canned white beans (drained and rinsed)
- Place the kale into a small saucepan with a little bit of water and steam over medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile place the rinsed white beans into a large bowl and mash with a potato masher.
- Add the rosemary, garlic and salt to the beans and mix.
- Drain the kale and squeeze out excess moisture.
- Add the turkey and kale to the large bowl and mix everything together with your hands.
- Form two equally sized patties and cook as you would a regular burger patty. I recommend either on the grill with the lid closed or in a skillet with a lid over medium high heat for 6-7 minutes on each side.