Tom’s Garden Fresh Salad
Aptly named “Tom’s” after Tom the turkey, this is one of those recipes that came out of necessity but is now one of my favorites. I was out of bread so I couldn’t make a sandwich, but I was also out of salad dressing so I couldn't make a proper salad. Scouring the fridge in search of something to use as dressing I found the cottage cheese...what the heck? I decided to just start piling on ingredients that sounded good and then I remembered I had a ton of leftover cilantro and parsley so I threw that on too. Voilá.
Makes: 1 serving
Preparation time: 10m
Cooking time: 10m
Total time: 10m
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 cup arugula
- 1/2 cup chopped cauliflower
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 apple (sliced or chopped into bite-sized pieces)
- 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (chopped)
- 2 slices cooked turkey (cut or torn into bite-sized pieces)
- In a large bowl, combine all of the ingredients.
- Toss ingredients together.