Alone, atop pancakes, mixed into oatmeal, topped with yogurt. There are so many ways you can enjoy this summer fruit! Tip: try to use peaches that are a little firm. If they are too ripe you won't be able to peel them and they'll fall apart when cooking.
Makes: 2 cups (4 servings)
Preparation time: 10m
Cooking time: 10m
Total time: 20m
- 2 cups prepared peaches (about 3 peaches - peeled, pitted and chopped into 1/2” pieces)
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground clove
- Put the peaches in a saucepan with the lemon juice, water, cinnamon and clove.
- Bring to a boil
- Turn down heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm or refrigerate and save for later.