Roasted Mini Potatoes
These crispy, bite-sized potatoes will come out of the oven sizzling, that’s how you know they are done. They are an ideal side dish for my Turkey Bean Burgers or alongside my Mini Breakfast Quiche. Get them in the oven first so they can roast while you prep and cook the burgers/quiches. The potatoes used for this recipe are a little smaller than a golf ball, about the size of a quarter in diameter.
Makes: 2 servings
Preparation time: 5m
Cooking time: 5m
Total time: 30m
- 20 mini potatoes (halved)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt (e.g. kosher salt)
Equipment: An empty spice grinder or a mortar and pestle
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Put the potato halves and oil into a large bowl and stir the potatoes around until they are well coated.
- Place the rosemary, sea salt and peppercorns into the spice grinder and grind them onto the potatoes until the grinder is empty. Alternatively you can place the rosemary into a mortar and pestle and grind it up and just sprinkle it and the salt and ground pepper onto the potatoes.
- Spread the potatoes out on a parchment lined baking sheet. It’s important that they have enough room and are not touching too much.
- Bake in a 425ºF oven for 25 minutes. When they are sizzling they are finished! They may look absolutely delicious, but let them cool for a minute before popping one into your mouth and burning it...like I did.