Pineapple Ginger Smoothie
We may be in the last week of summer but it sure doesn’t seem like it. I’m currently visiting my mom in Virginia where we are having 94ºF days with a heat index over 100ºF!! This weather is definitely an appetite killer, however ice cold smoothies are always a welcome respite from the heat. Check out this tropical smoothie and enjoy the last moments of summer. It helps to imagine you are lying on the beach of an exotic island in the caribbean. Note: if following a gout diet, make sure to use kale instead of spinach.
Makes: 1 serving
Preparation time: 5m
Cooking time: 5m
Total time: 5m
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup frozen pineapple
- 1 cup frozen spinach (or kale)
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- Place all of the ingredients into a blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Kick off your shoes and imagine the sand between your toes.