Miso Egg Butter
I recently discovered Finnish egg butter. Yum! It is basically boiled eggs mixed with butter. Older recipes used more butter and less eggs, but newer (more health conscious) recipes use more eggs and less butter. I like symmetry and simplicity so I am recommending one egg per every tablespoon of butter. My hubby isn’t a fan of miso so I mix up the egg butter and keep it in the fridge then I add miso to mine just before putting it on toast.
Makes: 4 servings
Preparation time: 10m
Cooking time: 10m
Total time: 20m
- 4 organic eggs
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 teaspoons non-GMO miso paste (use white or yellow miso)
Equipment: saucepan, blender
- Place the eggs into a saucepan, cover with water by 1 inch then remove the eggs. Bring the water to a boil then add the eggs back in and boil for 10 minutes.
- Remove the eggs and let cool, then peel and place them into a blender with the butter
- Add the miso to the blender (unless you want to mix it in later like me). Blend on high until smooth.
- Eat with a spoon, on toast, crackers, celery sticks or however your heart desires.