The key ingredient in this dish is Matcha, a powder made from ground up Sencha leaves. Sencha is a Japanese green tea. You can find Matcha at most tea shops as well as health focused grocery stores. I like to use hemp milk in this recipe because it gives it a nice sweet nuttiness. You can just as easily use soy, rice, almond, or regular milk.
Makes: 1 Serving
Preparation time: 5m
Cooking time: 5m
Total time: 10m
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened hemp milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Matcha green tea powder
- Place the Matcha and soy milk in a bowl together and mix into a paste.
- Whisk the egg into the mixture.
- Preheat a small skillet over medium heat and spray with non-stick spray.
- Add the egg mixture to the skillet and cook over medium heat for a minute until the bottom starts to firm up.
- At this point you can either add any regular omelet ingredients that you like (ie. ham, cheese, spinach, zucchini, tomatoes) or leave the omelet empty.
- Fold one side over the other using a spatula. Cook for 2-3 minutes more then remove from heat and serve warm.