These are a regular in our house because I just love the way these lentils taste! Look for organic corn tortillas that are low in calories. Whole foods sells their 365 brand that have less than 50 calories per tortilla and the only ingredients are corn, water and lime. Or better yet, ditch the tortilla and pile the rest of the ingredients on top of a cup of fresh spinach for a nutrient-rich taco salad. You can drizzle the greek yogurt and salsa on top like salad dressing.
Makes: 2 servings
Preparation time: 5m
Cooking time: 5m
Total time: 10m
- 1/2 large onion (diced)
- 3 garlic cloves (diced)
- 1 cup cooked green lentils
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic granules
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 avocado (sliced)
- 4 corn tortillas
- spinach (or other lettuce)
- salsa (mild or spicy)
- fat-free Greek yogurt (instead of sour cream)
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt (e.g. kosher salt)
- Spray a pan with non-stick spray and heat over medium. Add the onions and garlic and sauté until translucent (3-5min).
- Add the INLINE-LINK-START title="How To: Cook Lentils" href="http://www.wafflehearts.com/howtos/how-to-cook-lentils" target="_blank">cooked lentils INLINE-LINK-END, cumin, salt, garlic powder and pepper and stir. Using a potato masher or a wooden spoon mash up the lentils as they are heating up. You want them lumpy and broken open. Once the lentils are heated through remove from heat.
- Fill the corn tortilla with lentils, avocado, fat-free Greek yogurt, spinach and salsa.