Lemon Ricotta Sauce
The first time I tried lemon and ricotta together was a few years ago in some local artisan's ravioli. The best way to eat those ravioli was with just a little olive oil and lemon zest. The flavor was incredible, creamy and salty with just a hint of lemony tartness. I haven’t been able to find that ravioli lately so I decided to fake it by buying spinach ravioli and making this sauce. Basil adds just a little bit of sweetness to the sauce and with that you have three of the four basic tastes in one simple sauce! Yum!
Makes: 1 serving (16 ounces)
Preparation time: 2m
Cooking time: 2m
Total time: 2m
- 3 tablespoons ricotta
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice (from 1/2 lemon)
- lemon zest (from 1/2 lemon)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse salt (e.g. kosher salt)
- Place all the ingredients in a small bowl and mix well. Use right away, do not make ahead.
- Toss the sauce with the cooked pasta of your choice. I like to toss in some fresh spinach or parboiled veggies to make it a little healthier. The heat from the pasta will wilt the spinach just slightly. Serve warm.