Lemon Herb Ravioli
A minimally cooked recipe that is great for summer. You can make this up even faster by keeping pre-steamed veggies in your fridge. I like to steam a big batch of veggies at the beginning of the week so they are ready to toss into all kinds of recipes at the last minute. If you are using pre-steamed refrigerated veggies that you would like warmed up, you can add them to the hot ravioli water for a minute after you have removed the ravioli.
Preparation time: 5m
Cooking time: 5m
Total time: 10m
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 10 pieces ravioli (spinach ricotta or cheese ravioli work best)
- 1 handful fresh herbs (any combination of parsley, basil, oregano, thyme)
Equipment: large bowl
- Squeeze the lemon juice into a large bowl and whisk with olive oil. Then add chopped fresh herbs. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.v
- Cook ravioli to package specifications then place into the bowl and gently toss with lemon juice mixture.
- Serve warm atop steamed veggies and hearty greens.