Kale Clementine Smoothie
We are just reaching the end of winter which means the end of peak kale and clementine season. Here is a great smoothie recipe to help you use up your left-over Cuties and hearty greens. If you don’t have any clementines, feel free to use mandarins, tangerines, or even blood oranges (which will be available until the end of May). This smoothie has everything you need to get you going, keep you focussed and nourish all of your cells. Find out for yourself why kale, clementines and bananas are ALL on the top 50 super foods list. Plus, if you are not making this for the Paleo diet, feel free to toss in 1 tsp ground chia seeds (another super food) for some extra omegas, fiber and all of the amino acids - making it a complete protein.
Makes: 1 serving
Preparation time: 5m
Cooking time: 5m
Total time: 5m
- 1 cup kale (fresh or frozen - tightly packed)
- 2 clementines (or 1 full sized orange - peeled)
- 1 ripe banana (fresh or frozen)
- 2/3 cup unsweetened milk substitute (almond/coconut/hemp/rice/soy milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds (optional)
- Place all of the ingredients into a blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Level up.