Somehow, when I wasn’t paying attention to my garden my tiny parsley plant erupted into a two foot tall bush of green goodness. Now I’m trying desperately to use up my buckets of this carrot family member and this dish is definitely one tasty way to eat parsley…and er, shrimp and stuff.
Makes: 2 servings
Preparation time: 30m
Cooking time: 30m
Total time: 1h
- 1/2 pound raw large shrimp (peeled and deveined)
- 1 large leek
- 2 large carrots
- 2 medium zucchini
- 20 green beans
- 1 cup chopped broccoli (bite-sized)
- 1 head garlic
- 2 cups hearty greens (arugula/chard/collard greens/kale/spinach/etc)
- 1 bunch parsley
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (plus a bit more for later)
- 2 servings gluten-free pasta noodles (any type)
Equipment: medium bowl, large bowl, medium sauce pan, skillet
- Mince the parsley and garlic. Add them to a medium bowl and combine with 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Marinate the shrimp in the garlic-parsley mixture for several hours in the refrigerator.
- Meanwhile, slice the leek and wash it (INLINE-LINK-START title="How to wash and chop leeks" href="../../../howtos/how-to-chop-and-wash-leeks" target="_blank">see how here INLINE-LINK-END). Sauté the leek in a little olive oil until the pieces soften and start to brown a bit.
- Chop the carrots, zucchini, green beans and broccoli. Place in a medium-sized sauce pan. Cover with water and par-boil for 10 minutes or until the veggies reach the desired softness.
- Boil your pasta as the directions instruct then when it is ready swirl the pasta in a large bowl with a bit of olive oil. Quickly mix in the greens, cooked veggies and leeks.
- Lastly, cook the shrimp in a skillet until they are cooked through. A couple minutes on each side should do it.
- Divide the pasta and veggies up into two bowls or large plates, then top with shrimp.