Cinnamon Pear Smoothie
As it turns out, it is NOT actually pear season, so I wasn't sure why we had been seeing an influx of organic pears in our grocery store. That was until I turned one of them over and realized that my pears are from Argentina. So much for buying local produce this week. At least my carrots, zucchini and strawberries are from the farmers market. Whether it’s pear season or not in your part of the world, I had to find a use for the dozen organic pears I just bought...well why not some summer smoothies? This is a big smoothie for one person so I recommend sharing. You can also divide it up into two servings and have the first one, then a few hours later have the second.
Makes: 32oz (1 or 2 servings)
Preparation time: 5m
Cooking time: 5m
Total time: 5m
- 1 ripe pear (remove and discard stem and seeds)
- 1 ripe banana (remove and discard peel)
- 1 cup frozen spinach
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup coconut water (Harmless Harvest makes the best coconut water!)
- Place all of the ingredients into a blender and blend on high until smooth.
- Motivate yourself (to buy local produce next time/or wherever you need motivation to do).