bLt Breakfast Salad
Who says you can’t have salad for breakfast? Nobody ever does! The French have croissants and coffee, the Italians have brioche and cappuccinos, the English eat eggs fried in oil with beans and toast, and do not get me started on the Americans! Typical American breakfasts consist of heavy dishes loaded with fat, sugar and empty calories. Even healthy American breakfasts like oatmeal or yogurt are often laden with sugar. Where are the greens? Why not start your day out right by making healthy eating choices from the start.
Makes: 1 serving
Preparation time: 10m
Cooking time: 10m
Total time: 10m
- 2 cups lettuce (spinach mixture recommended)
- 1 tomato (sliced)
- 1/2 avocado (sliced)
- 1 strip bacon (cooked until crispy)
- 1 egg (poached, fried, or scrambled)
- Put the lettuce into a large bowl
- Top with sliced tomato, avocado and crumbled bacon.
- Gently lay the egg on top. I like to have a soft yolk so that when it breaks it runs all over the lettuce like dressing.
- Grab a fork and dig in.
Here's another great "salad for breakfast" recipe: INLINE-LINK-START title="Amy's Eggs" href="http://www.wafflehearts.com/recipes/amy-s-eggs" target="_blank">Amy's Eggs INLINE-LINK-END