Asian Chicken Salad
We often have left-over rotisserie chicken in our fridge and are always looking for different ways of using it up. This is also a great way to enjoy left-over turkey from Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner. For the flaky sea salt, I recommend using Maldon sea salt. Maldon is a finishing salt and best used just before eating.
Makes: 2 large servings or 4 small servings
Preparation time: 10m
Cooking time: 10m
Total time: 10m
- 4 cups hearty greens (arugula/chard/collard greens/kale/spinach/etc)
- 8 ounces cooked rotisserie chicken
- 8 ounces canned sliced water chestnuts (drained)
- 8 ounces canned bamboo shoots (drained)
- 10 ounces canned mandarin oranges (drained)
- 1 apple (cut into bite-sized peices)
- 1 large carrot (sliced or shredded)
- 1 spring onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 tablespoon peanuts
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon organic tamari
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- flaky sea salt (to taste)
Equipment: large bowl, small bowl
- In a large bowl toss together the lettuce, cooked chicken, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, mandarin oranges, apple, carrot, spring onion, peanuts, and sesame seeds.
- In a small bowl mix the tamari, rice vinegar and sesame oil to make the dressing.
- Pour the salad dressing over the lettuce mixture and toss again.
- Divide into bowls and sprinkle with a flaky sea salt to taste.