I never would have thought to put eggs and arugula in the same dish but they work so well together! This weekend I was hanging out with my friend Amy and she made this awesome egg concoction for breakfast. Now I cannot stop eating it! It is simple yet so satisfying. I like to use hemp milk in this recipe because it gives it a nice sweet nuttiness. You can just as easily use soy, rice, almond, or regular milk.
Makes: 1 serving
Preparation time: 2m
Cooking time: 2m
Total time: 5m
- 2 large organic eggs
- 1/2 cup arugula
- 1/2 avocado (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened hemp milk
- Spray a small skillet with non-stick spray and place over medium high heat.
- In a small bowl whisk together the eggs and the hemp milk.
- Pour the egg mixture into the hot skillet and use a spatula to scramble the eggs for about 2-3 minutes.
- Turn the eggs out onto a plate. I like to mix the arugula into the warm eggs so it wilts just a little then top with the sliced avocado.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and eat it before it cools. Yum!