Almond Oatmeal Pancakes
Like many of my other recipes this one is designed to serve 2, so make sure to double if you are making it for 4. I always say it is easier to double a recipe than to half it. If you do not have a griddle you can just use 2 skillets going side by side to make the cooking go faster. If you are not making this recipe vegan, feel free to add an egg to batter to help these stick together better while cooking.
Makes: 2 servings (4 pancakes)
Preparation time: 8h15m
Cooking time: 8h15m
Total time: 8h35m
- 1/2 cup oat flour (If making gluten-free make sure to get GF rolled oats)
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour (If making gluten-free make sure to get GF all purpose flour)
- 2 tablespoons almond meal/flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon coarse salt (e.g. kosher salt)
- 2 ripe banana (mashed )
- 2 egg (optional - do not use if making this recipe vegan or Engine 2)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 teaspoons ground flax seeds
Equipment: griddle, or 2 non-stick skillets
- Combine the flours, baking powder and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
- In a large bowl mash the banana. If you are using the egg, add it to the mashed banana now and whisk together.
- Remove the oat mixture from the fridge and add the mashed banana. Mix well. Then add the almond milk, amond extract and ground flax seeds.
- Stir the flour mixture. into the wet mixture.
- Cook like regular pancakes. Heat a non-stick skillet or griddle over low heat. Spoon some of the batter onto the skillet. Cook until you see air bubbles in the middle then flip and cook on the other side.
- The best toppings for these pancakes are fresh berries, INLINE-LINK-START title="How To: Toast Coconut" href="../../../howtos/how-to-toast-coconut" target="blank">toasted coconut INLINE-LINK-END, toasted almonds, INLINE-LINK-START title="Apple Butter" href="../../../recipes/anne-s-apple-butter" target="blank">apple butter INLINE-LINK-END, and INLINE-LINK-START title="Strawberry Jam" href="../../../recipes/strawberry-jam" target="_blank">strawberry jam INLINE-LINK-END!
This recipe was inspired by INLINE-LINK-START title="Dee's Oatmeal Pancakes" href="http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/deesoatmealpancakes/" target="_blank">Dee’s Oatmeal Pancakes INLINE-LINK-END on Simply Recipes.com