5 Ingredient Cookies
My toddler and I enjoy making these cookies together often. He mashes the banana, scoops the oats, and cracks the eggs, but I think his favorite part is taste-testing the raisins and pecans before we put them in. He even enjoys spooning them onto the baking sheet and setting a timer to check on them. My favorite part is not feeling even a little bit guilty about letting him eat these for breakfast as we’re running out the door.
Makes: 12 cookies
Preparation time: 10m
Cooking time: 10m
Total time: 30m
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup rolled oats (if making this gluten-free, make sure to use gluten-free rolled oats)
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 organic eggs
- 1/2 -1 cup raisins (and/or chocolate chips/nuts)
Equipment: baking sheet, large bowl
- Preheat oven to 350ºF/180ºC. Prepare your baking sheet.
- Mash the banana, then mix in the oats, egg and peanut butter.
- Once the mixtures looks fairly homogenous, stir in the raisins/chocolate chips/nuts.
- Spoon onto a baking sheet and cook in the oven for about 20 minutes. This depends on how big you made them. If you got 12 cookies then 20 minutes should be perfect.