How To: Prepare Delicata Squash
Also known as a sweet potato squash, this is often regarded as the best tasting squash - its flavor akin to that of sweet potatoes. My favorite thing about about delicata squash is that you don’t have to peel them, simply wash, chop and roast.
Makes: 2-4 servings
Preparation time: 5m
Cooking time: 5m
Total time: 35m
Equipment: baking sheet, parchment paper or silicon baking mat
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF/220ºC. Line a baking sheet with either parchment paper or a silicon baking mat.
- Chop off the ends of the squash then cut it in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out the seeds and discard or save for INLINE-LINK-START href="http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/toastedpumpkinseeds/" target="_blank">roasting INLINE-LINK-END. These can be roasted alongside the squash.
- With the cut side down, slice the squash into half moons.
- Scatter them in a single layer on the lined baking sheet and roast for about 30 minutes until they start to brown.
- Enjoy warm with other roasted veggies or let them cool and toss into a seasonal salad.
INLINE-IMAGE-START style="border: 5px solid black; margin: 5px;" src="http://s3.amazonaws.com/anne-website/app/public/images/Recipe/142/other_images/32/large/6570c6cfb586c35ca4b2076be6df925bb27fdf21.JPG?1385851085" alt="Roasted Delicata Squash" width="500" height="375" />